Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Shadowbox is finished

I finished my project for me and I wasn't sure how I was gonna like it when I started, but it turned out really well. My initial design was just basically a plain box, but as I got into it I decided i needed to spice it up a little bit. I made a rounded front and put splines in the corners to add some personality. I used the leopardwood for the main part of the box and used the maple as a border around and contrast the leopardwood. The dark wood pieces visible in the corners (those are the splines) are actually cherry wood that goes all the way through both pieces. I finished it with a high gloss clear finish to bring out the grain and highlights in the wood...there is no stain.




The last two here are the completely finished display. It has my two old style badges that we don't wear anymore, the 50th anniversay badge we wore in 2005, my Police Service Medal I was awarded after a gunfight with a bankrobber, and some of the various merit pins I have been awarded over the last 12 years.






1 comment:

The Moose said...

VERY cool Roger - I need to show this to Jon - he'd love this!